Monday, July 12, 2010

It's a bird! It's a plane! No... It's TEXT-MAN!!!

So I just wanted to introduce you all to Text-Man. Basically, he is average. But he is also attractive in a "I don't know you but I think if I met you I might like you" kind of way. I have a kind of obsession with his texts when we're talking. I mean, I'll be sitting at my laptop, minding my own business (NOT. I'm usually on facebook, and you all know what that means...) when suddenly POP out of nowhere comes this text from him.

I must mention this: I've never seen him face-to-face.

Anyway, I get all excited about his text and I answer and then... the waiting begins. I wait. And wait. And wait. And even though it only takes him 2 minutes to respond I feel like "TIME IS RUNNING OUT OH NO OH NO SAVE ME" because I wonder how he'll ever respond to my demand: "Hi! :)" Okay so most of our conversations are pointless. But that's justifiable; we don't know each other.

Oh wait, I know some things: He plays frisbee a lot, and possibly soccer, and also his mom likes collecting persian rugs and wants to get him one for his room. By the way, he is being very brave and trusting: His mother is buying all of his dorm things! And decorating it!!! Apparently she is an interior decorator and he says the things are all "manly" but still... I don't know if I would trust my mom to decorate my dorm. Another fact about him: His family is RICH RICH RICH. Dirty Rich. They have a lakehouse in South Carolina! No I am not a stalker. He volunteered all this information.

I made a mistake the other day. Guess why? I didn't ask Medusa for advice. Then again it was about 2:30 a.m. and I thought she'd be asleep. So anyway in a non-drunken sleep-deprived dumb stupor I suggested Text-Man come visit me at the beach when I am there. He lives in Georgia. It's a 5 hour drive. He probably would have come, too, if he didn't just get shoulder reconstructive surgery and can't drive for a couple of weeks. But just imagine the endless possibilities!........ Of problems!!!
1. My parents
2. I don't know him
3. Where would he stay
4. How would I explain
5. It's a gated community he can't get in without a gate pass which I would never get from my parents
6. He can't drive
7. I'd have to pick him up with my car which is not coming to SC with us
8. It would be a 10 hour round trip drive, twice.
9. It was an idea arising from a sleep-deprived stupor and I should have known better
10. We can now conclude that yes, I make horrible decisions without Medusa.

That is all. I'm sure there will be more posts about Text-Man in the future.

[Note from Medusa: Dido, PLEASE text me in the future, even if it is 2:30 am.]

--Dido

No comments:

Post a Comment