Monday, July 12, 2010

Paper Gangsta

Today Medusa and I went to our local mall together and performed our Mall Ritual. First, we go to this awesome Mexican restaurant called "Alejandro's" for lunch, then we see a movie, and afterwards wander around the mall ending up in such stores as Charlotte Russe and Bath & Body Works.

Well, today I brought my Lady Gaga CD which Medusa had burned for me (very awesome). I don't know if you like Lady Gaga or not, but we do, and of course one of her songs is called "Alejandro." It's a very good song; even if you think you don't like Lady Gaga, you should listen to it. Anyway after lunch we drove to the movies and lo and behold, "Paper Gangsta" started playing. It's even better than "Alejandro." It goes like this:

"'Cause I do not accept any less
Than someone just as real - as fabulous!
Don't want no paper gansta!!!
Won't sign away my life to
Someone who's got the flavor
But don't got no follow through
Don't want to paper gangsta!!!!!!
Won't sign no monkey papers.
I don't do funny business,
Not interested in fakers!"
(courtesy of Lady Gaga, all rights reserved.)

And yes, those exclamation points are part of the music as we sang along with it. For emphasis, of course, to cover up our inability to hit a single note. [Medusa's Note: Oh please. It wasn't THAT bad.]

Now, to get back on track, I was trying to explain why the song "Paper Gangsta" is on our blog. (You can find it at the very bottom on the right.) Well, it's just classic, at least in my life it carries a great deal of meaning.

We ended up seeing "Despicable Me." I can't stress enough how much all of you should go see it. I know, I know, you're probably thinking "Those previews were awful." or "It's a 5-year-old's movie!" or "That sounds really dumb." However you would be making a great mistake not to see it. It's hilarious. The characters are beyond cute. There is a storyline that makes no sense in a beautiful way. The little "minions" are adorable and I want one, as well as a shrunken elephant. (To get that reference you will need to see the movie.)

So on the way back home, after stopping by Charlotte Russe where Medusa bought gorgeous shoes and I got two pretty dresses on sale and a quick stop in Bath & Body Works to smell fabulous, we drove back home, and we listened to "Paper Gangsta" all the way back and even took a side trip down a road in our neighborhood with the music blaring. I'm pretty sure the neighbors could hear it very clearly even though we were curteous and had the windows rolled up. Well, as Medusa said, "It's good music - we SHOULD be sharing it!" Also, this is the last time we saw each other before I leave for the beach in South Carolina on Wednesday. I'll be gone for 4 weeks, no idea if I'll have internet access or not. Anyway, we had a great time and sang along at the top of our lungs and danced in the car as best we could. [Medusa's Note: Keeping one's hands on the wheel while driving is a good thing, as Dido needs to learn.]

Unless I think of another anecdote this will be all for tonight.
P.S. Please go see "Despicable Me." You will not regret it.

--Dido

No comments:

Post a Comment